[SOLVED]Problems during install

Oct 19, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Hello,

I'm a beginner in using Sharepoint 2010 (sorry, but I hate the word noob ;)) and have a problem using this Plugin.

Added downloaded wsp file as solution as described in http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/ff608051.aspx

This all worked out fine but when I try to activate it, i get the following error message:

This solution contains invalid markup or elements that cannot be deployed as part of a sandboxed solution. Solution manifest for solution '5dcda1dd-2183-48f6-b330-978a1c891baa' failed validation, file manifest.xml, line 6, character 4: The element 'Solution' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/' has invalid child element 'TemplateFiles' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/'. List of possible elements expected: 'FeatureManifests, ActivationDependencies' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/'.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: 0617e75f-7d2b-4059-82fb-7da835e39be4

Date and Time: 10/19/2011 3:46:19 PM

Could you please help me ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Dominik

FB_Addon_TelNo{ height:15px !important; white-space: nowrap !important; background-color: #0ff0ff;}
Oct 20, 2011 at 4:34 PM

To deploy the solution you'll have to do it manually.

On your SharePoint server click on Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products -> SharePoint 2010 Management Shell

This will load a Command Prompt window, just type "cd \" without the quotes and hit enter.

Now copy Dev4Side.SP2010.FilteredLookup.wsp to the C:/ Drive.

Then type in the CMD window:

Add-SPSolution C:/Dev4Side.SP2010.FilteredLookup.wsp

Hope that helps you,

Gaz

Oct 20, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Thanks a lot for your answer !

I'll give it a try tomorrow and give some feedback to you !

Greetings,

Dominik

FB_Addon_TelNo{ height:15px !important; white-space: nowrap !important; background-color: #0ff0ff;}
Oct 21, 2011 at 7:05 AM

I guess it didn't work:

PS C:\Users\admin_dedtu> cd /
PS C:\> Add-SPSolution C:/sw/Dev4Side.SP2010.FilteredLookup.wsp

Name                           SolutionId                           Deployed
----                           ----------                           --------
dev4side.sp2010.filteredloo... 5dcda1dd-2183-48f6-b330-978a1c891baa False

PS C:\>

Any suggestions ?

Coordinator
Oct 21, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Hi.
It works, you have installed the lookup field. Now you have to deploy it on your web application.
To deploy the lookup field, you can enter into the Central Administration, go under the section "System settings" and select the option "Manage farm solutions".
In that page you can deploy the solution.

Hope this helps

Peppe

Oct 21, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Ok, Deployment worked out fine - I guess - what now ? :D

Status changed to "Deployed" now and Deployed to says "Global deployed".

I want to add this functionality to a List, created before; but adding a column doesn't provide the type: "Filtered Lookup" yet.

FYI: The Part "Solutions" now disappeared from Galleries-section in Site Settings - is this normal ? :S

Please don't tell me stupid, but I never worked with Solutions before and have only fiew experience in Sharepoint.

I'm trying to get a training for this, but currently there is no budget for this.

So, all I do about Sharepoint is done in my free time and I'm sorry for the discomfort I make to you.

Thanks a lot for your help !

<!-- FB_Addon_TelNo{ height:15px !important; white-space: nowrap !important; background-color: #0ff0ff;} -->
Oct 21, 2011 at 1:23 PM

To make the column display on the create column window you need to restart your SharePoint sites.

Open Command Prompt.

Start -> Run... -> cmd and type:

iisreset

Credit goes to PeppeDotNet for working this out.

Oct 21, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Thanks a lot - both of you !

You made my weekend ! Have a nice one too !