How does this work?

Aug 31, 2011 at 11:31 PM

I dont think I get this plugin. I had assumed it would allow me to have a dropdown list (column) based on the data in another column. For example:

Object and place are two columns in a list. Objects are unique, and they are only in one place. Places can have multiple objects.

I want to select a place with the first drop down (place), and then have the second drop down (object) only display objects which are located in the place specified.

In this way, someone selects a place first, and then sees ONLY the objects which are in that place. Rather than currently where they have to select from hundreds of objects in a giant list. We are trying to move away from that.

I havent found very much documentation provided by you guys. I dont get how you can tie the results of a previously selected field (place) to dynamically filter the (object) column, but I would think that is the entire point of this wsp.

Coordinator
Oct 21, 2011 at 8:40 AM

Hi!
To get what you want, you have to implement a cascade mechanism using two dropdownlist. The filtered lookup field could only filter some records using a CAML query or a VIEW, from a lookup list.
Here some samples:

Hope this helps.
Peppe

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:15 PM

I had to deactivate the feature today. I did get it working, but half the time, when selecting from the second drop down list, the page will refresh and error out (an unexpected error has occured). I have no idea why.

half the time it works fine, looking up the correct value and populating it.

Thanks for the help anyways