Is it even possible to refactor this into something that deploys as a Sandbox solution?

Apr 5, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Hi Peppe, I work in an environment where I have Site Collection Admin privileges but no higher - IT restricts our SharePoint 2010 environment so no one but IT gets the ability to deploy farm solutions.

They have discussed enabling the Sandbox with us however, and when looking at your project here it makes me wonder whether some of the capabilities here would work in a Sandbox solution.

Have you ever explored Sandbox solutions?  Do you have any immediate thoughts on whether some or all of this code would break if implemented as a Sandbox solution?

One suggestion I'd have - if you could implement "cross-site Lookups" but not the filtering, that itself could be a useful add-on for Sandbox-enabled sites.  Similarly, if you could implement the detailed filtering capabilities, but not cross-site Lookups, that too could be a useful add-on just by itself.  For our purposes, being able to use the detailed filtering in a Sandbox solution sounds promising (we wouldn't need cross-site Lookups).

Could you please comment on whether you have any ideas on this, and what possibilities you think might work (if any)?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Apr 5, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Hi.
Unfortunately, in a Sandbox solution you cannot install a custom field. There's no way to do it.
Infact, the Filterd Lookup Field for SharePoint 2010 is a FARM Solution.

Peppe