Filtered Lookup Field in Gridview

Mar 7, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Is there support for this filtered lookup field to work in the SP2010 Grid View?

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2011 at 7:39 AM

Hi !
The filtered lookup field is a sharepoint field type and not a separated control. So it can not be used into a grid view.
Maybe, you can change the source code to add a server control. If you want to partecipate to the project, let us know.

Peppe

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Hi Peppe, I've just encountered your project and this raises some concern, so I'd like to clarify if possible:

• When you say "SP2010 Grid View", is this the DataSheet View useable when browsing any defined List in SP2010 - or some type of web part that I can't find in SP Designer?
  • If you're saying Datasheet View, does this mean that any List in which we've defined one of your Filtered Lookup Fields can no longer be edited in Datasheet View?

Thanks for your help!

Coordinator
Apr 5, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Hi.
When i say "SP2010 GridView" i refer to this control: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.webcontrols.spgridview.aspx and NOT to the Datasheet View.
You can use that control in your web part, but in that control (that is a grid itself) you cannot use the Filterd Lookup Field.

Then, you have to know that actually the Filtered Lookup Field is not available from the Datasheet View of a SharePoint list.

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Hi,

I decide to replace standard lookup column in existing list with filderedlookup column. I would like to copy the data from the old column to new and then delete the old. 

Do you have Idea or can you advise how to:

• change the lookup column definition to filtered lookup column
  • copy data from old column to new.

Do you have some utility for? If you can help with TSQL script, it will help me too.