Problem Deployment of Filtered Look Up Column through Custom List Definition to a Custom List

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:48 PM


I am using the Filtered Lookup Column in my Sharepoint Site. I have installed the column and I am creating a custom List Definition.

I am facing problems in adding the Custom Filtered lookup Column to the List Definition.

Please suggest a way out to add Filtered Look Up Column to Custom List Definitions or how can I add the Column to my Custom List using a Sharepoint feature.



Kushal Arora

Mar 24, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Hi, can you post the xml code used for provisioning the field based on the filtered lookup field ?

Jul 18, 2011 at 1:45 PM


Since i have the same "problem" ill paste my xml..


      <Field Type="FilteredLookupField" DisplayName="Dependencies" Required="FALSE" EnforceUniqueValues="FALSE" WebId="~sitecollection" List="Repository" ShowField="fa564e0f-0c70-4ab9-b863-0177e6ddd247" Overwrite="TRUE" UnlimitedLengthInDocumentLibrary="FALSE" Group="REPO" ID="{f1b0158a-30ac-4a11-a069-7ee8fa49e34a}" SourceID="{8fc844d5-815b-4695-a799-2a53a4a46997}" StaticName="Dependencies" Name="Dependencies" Mult="TRUE" ColName="int7" RowOrdinal="0">
              <Value xmlns:q1="" p4:type="q1:string" xmlns:p4="">&amp;lt;Where&amp;gt;&amp;lt;BeginsWith&amp;gt;&amp;lt;FieldRef Name=&amp;#39;ContentTypeId&amp;#39;/&amp;gt;&amp;lt;Value Type=&amp;#39;Text&amp;#39;&amp;gt;0x0120D5200036985BC4A86A42239E44DDDAB3B1E4AF&amp;lt;/Value&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/BeginsWith&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/Where&amp;gt;</Value>
              <Value xmlns:q2="" p4:type="q2:string" xmlns:p4="" />
              <Value xmlns:q3="" p4:type="q3:string" xmlns:p4="">True</Value>
              <Value xmlns:q4="" p4:type="q4:string" xmlns:p4="">False</Value>