Migrating form SP2007

Dec 14, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Hi, I have migrated a site from WSS 3 to SharePoint Server 2010.

The previous version used the original project of this field (http://filteredlookup.codeplex.com).

Can I replace the funcionality of the previous version with this one? If yes, which are the steps to do it.

I have already made the migration, and the sites works, but the lists that use the filtered field fails when I try to create, edit, or view a row.

Thanks for any help

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Hello mambru,
Unfortunatly you have only two choises:

-  delete the old filtered lookup's, install SharePoint 2010 Filtered Lookup Fields (FLF) and recreate them manually.

- install SharePoint 2010 Filtered Lookup Fields, add the FLF 2010 to the lists, create a console application which will read from the FLF 2007 values (as strings) and re assign the value to the FLF 2010 field. Once you are done, you can delete all the FLF 2007 fields from the lists

This behavior is caused because of a different namespace/id used in the 2010 version. We haven't receive a reply from the original author, and we had to change the namespaces.

Jul 5, 2011 at 1:59 PM

Is there a better solution for this now?  I have converted a site from wss3 to 2010 that used the original filtered lookup column and have the problem detailed by the op.    Fortunately, the list I am accessing only has about 50 list items so I can remove the column and recreate it and reenter the data for the 50 list items.  What happens when sp 2013 or sp2014 comes out?  Will we have the same problem migrating from 2010 to the future version?  By then, I may have 100s of lists with 1000s of list items using the 2010 filtered lookup column.

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Hi.
When the new version of SharePoint will be available, we'll migrate the code of the Filtered Lookup maintaining the solution id and all the assembly, namespace and class names. So everyone will be able to migrate their environments and keep working the filtered lookup field.
For the migration from WSS 3.0, we could not migrate the code from the base project (http://filteredlookup.codeplex.com/) because ther project coordinator did not allow us to create the new version of the control for SharePoint 2010, maintaining the names.

Peppe